Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Summer 2009

I haven't posted for a while, and there's a reason for that...I've become addicted to facebook. So any of you that aren't already my friends on facebook, please join me there since I am on there a lot more than I am on my blog:)




Anyway, so we started out the summer camping in the mountains east of San Diego with my family. The weather was perfect, and we enjoyed the three-day retreat into nature. Wesley got VERY dirty, had fun playing with Grandma, Grandpa and Aunts and Uncle. We also did a little hiking, and found out that Wesley does very well on the trail. I am excited now that the weather is cooling down and we can check out some of the trails here in AZ! Anyone know of any good trails that are free and not too far?



Wesley is such an early bird. We have had to go to great lengths to train him to at least stay quiet in his bed until 6:00. As you can see, we used playdough to help him understand what 6:00 looks like on his digital clock. Lately we have been bribing him with treats if we don't hear him until 6:00. It mostly works:)


Just a cute picture of Wesley all dressed up for Sunday. Just like Daddy:)


















We ended the summer with another trip to nature, but this time a little closer to home. Labor Day found us up on the Mogollon Rim, north of Payson, AZ for a day trip. We enjoyed the cooler weather, took a short hike so Wesley could break in his new (thrift store) hiking boots:), and took lots of pictures of the scenery.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Wesley looks SO grown up! My how time flies!

Amy J said...

Our family loves camping, too! And Wesley looks very handsome in his Sunday clothes.