Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My Condo Garden

Well, I got into gardening last year when we had a backyard. I had so much fun, I just couldn't give it up when we moved back to the condo. I tried planting some things inside during the summer, but that didn't work so well and increased the population of the condo quite dramatically:) Happy to report that our little black buzzing friends have moved out. So I moved the pots outside and planted a couple of seeds every so often to see if it was cool enough for anything to grow. Finally I had some sprouts that did not get fried upon germination. I took it as a sign and got busy planting bush beans, green onions, peas, swiss chard, lettuce, spinach and carrots.
Here's my peas, swiss chard, spinach and some carrots.










As you can see, the peas are doing great!











There are actually quite a lot of sprouts in this pot, but they're small and slow growing:)







And finally the green beans and green onions are thriving.

2 comments:

Amy J said...

That's awesome...we have a backyard and I still haven't done a garden! I'm impressed with yours. : )

Shannon said...

I'm impressed as well! I am notorious for killing plants. In fact, before we moved into our house, there was a beautiful rose bush out front. Within a week of us living here, it was dead! We joked that it just gave up on life because it knew I was going to be taking care of it. :)